Thursday 22 July 2021

Writing in the family

Writing is one of the skills, and legacies, of our family.

It started with my Uncle George Dymond in the 1930s with his brilliant book for the the shorthand firm Pitman’s,’How to be. a reporter’. It taught me a lot.

Dr Carmen Dymond, my cousin Dr Don Dymond’s wife, followed with a fascinating book on her experience running a maternity hospital in Africa.

I have weighed in with a couple of books, including ‘Don’t hold the front page’, a light hearted look at my press and public relations experiences, and now, about to be published on Kindle, my blog diary, ‘Pandemic! My Care Home Diary’.

Right up to date, Jim Stokes, my niece Valerie’s  husband. has written a thriller,

There will probably be more authors in the family. Grandson Owen is producing some fine work and is thinking of matching my thoughts on how how old people have fared in the pandemic with the unique experiences of the young generation whose lives have been just as seriously affected. 

Carry on writing, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment