Thursday 15 July 2021

A stream of visitors

Life is certainly getting better. Apart from the sudden appearance of summer weather I am enjoying a happy parade of visitors, the best since the start of lockdown so many months ago. After recent visits from Robert and Karen, and Ria and ‘the girls’ I am having my busiest week.

Brenda and Ivor took me out to lunch at the Nine Giants, near out first home, Mayflower Avenue, Llanishen, which we left in 1965 to go to London. It was a real treat, with plenty of time for a long chat. Robert, Karen and Owen are calling in on Saturday on their way to Tenby, and Rosie is due to come next week. A lot to catch up with.

I hope it continues and that the visiting will become even easier soon, but there is still some uncertainty.

My friend Jackie tells me that although all the residents at her father’s home have been double vaccinated another positive case has resulted in isolation again. So we just have to hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment