Monday 28 June 2021

Hearing more good things about Sunrise...

From my first days here almost two years ago I have appreciated and sung the praises of the magnificent Sunrise care and service and I get daily confirmation.

The latest example involves a lost hearing aid that has cast me into a world of near silence.

I was out on my scooter, driving down to the nearby shopping area when I lost it, probably when I put on my mask. Realising the danger of displacing the aid I had always been careful when doing so but perhaps not this time.

It might have dislodged when I hit the bumpy pavement near Sunrise. I noticed the loss as soon as I got home but was unable to retrace my route.

Next day Karen did so, but without success.

The accident immediately changed my quality of life. I now find it almost impossible to hear anyone or anything - my second hearing aid for my almost deaf left ear has not worked for many months and I am still waiting for a hospital appointment. 

I told Carol, the concierge. Lis May, the Sunrise Director of Community Relations, overheard and said she would get in touch with the hospital for me. This morning, Lewis, one of the carers, told me he had spoken to the hospital and there’ll was no need to go there. They would deliver a replacement hearing aid to me.

How is that for looking after your residents?

No comments:

Post a Comment