Sunday 21 February 2021

Coronavirus diary, Sunday 21 February 2021


I have had a range of illnesses during my life which I have survived. I am no hypochondriac, but I am rather concerned about my symptoms after surviving coronavirus last year.These include five that match those described the British Medical Association’s list of 12.

I have long since given up worrying about possible after effects from medication. One of mine runs to two pages, too many to count but this time I am taking note.

It is now three months since I came home from hospital and I have certainly improved, steadily but slowly.The most annoying of my list is constant tiredness, aching limbs and breathlessness. On some days I have difficulty, even with my walking aid, to get about  the Sunrise building.

The BMA estimates that 340,000 coronavirus sufferers are feeling effects for weeks or months, perhaps even longer.

A group of MPs and peers are urging the government to recognise long COVID as an occupational disease and compensate workers  like some other European countries.

The Prime Minister says he is providing £1.8 billion towards the four studies now being carried out.

Grateful that I am home and carrying on my life, I will just grin and bear what I hope will be short term COVID.

No comments:

Post a Comment